The term of rhinoplasty describes several types of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed by a nose specialist. The purpose of rhinoplasty surgery is nose reconstruction in order to improve aesthetics or functionality of the nose. Best rhinoplasty NYC is performed by top Rhinoplasty NYC center using the main approaches: external, internal, and non-surgical. Surgeons also offer cosmetic revision surgery in case the previous nose job NYC needs to be improved.
New York Rhinoplasty: Main Approaches
Rhinoplasty NY is performed through operating on the nasal cartilage and bone, approaching them by making incisions outside and inside the nose. These two rhinoplasty procedure types are called open and closed, and the average price of such operations is about $7,000 in NY. There is also a possibility to make a non-surgical improvement that has a temporary effect but is cheaper. Covering imperfections of any rhinoplasty with a cosmetic revision surgery may cost both more or less than the prior procedure.
Open Nose Job NYC
During the open rhinoplasty surgery the nose specialist makes tiny incisions between the patient’s nostrils and inside them New York Rhinoplasty surgeon make the incisions the way there’s only a small scar left on the columella, which becomes invisible later. Etiologies that require nose reconstruction are:
- Congenital and acquired nose deformities.
- Nasal function anomalies.
- Dysfunctions connected with ethnic or genetic peculiarities.
- Fractures, burns.
- Severe infections that damage nasal integrity.
Open approach is most commonly used for tip rhinoplasty, ethnic surgery, broken nose surgery, and other kinds of nose job NYC.
The advantages of open rhinoplasty procedure include full exposure of nasal structure and the most accurate alternation of dysfunctions. Disadvantages include extended operation time operation, longer rhinoplasty recovery, and a scar on a columella.
Open rhinoplasty has certain contraindications:
- Intranasal cocaine or another substance usage.
- Mental condition or psychological instability.
- Medical conditions or chronic diseases that preclude operations of any kind.
- Thick skin that can make numbness after cosmetic procedures a permanent problem.
- Any diagnosis that suggest a deformity to be treated by closed approach.
Closed Rhinoplasty NY
Closed approach is used by best plastic surgeons in NYC; they create only internal incisions to reshape cartilage and fix aesthetic or functional issues. Photos before and after rhinoplasty done with this approach show no transcolumellar scars as no external damage is made. Most common indications for New York rhinoplasty are:
- Nasal trauma from accidents.
- Nasal bone and cartilage deformation.
- The necessity to improve breathing qualities.
- The necessity to refine the aesthetic look.
Closed approach is commonly used in cosmetic pediatric plastic surgery, ethic rhinoplasty NYC, tip rhinoplasty, broken nose surgery, etc. The advantages of this approach used in rhinoplasty NY include:
- Little possibility of postoperative troubles with nasal tip support.
- Reduction of edema and numbness after the surgery.
- Less time needed for the operation (in comparison with open approach).
- Faster rhinoplasty recovery as no external damage is made to the skin.
The list of contraindications for New York rhinoplasty are:
- Psychological instability.
- Mental illnesses.
- Too many operations made without any medical reason.
- Cocaine usage.
- Conditions of soft tissues that preclude closed approach.
- The latest rhinoplasty made 9-12 months ago.
Non-surgical nose job, also called filler or liquid rhinoplasty, is the type of operation performed with the use of special filler injections. The price of a nose job done non-surgically is $1,000 to $2,000, which is much less compared to the average rhinoplasty cost. The recovery takes minutes, as well as the injecting process, and the difference between before and after rhinoplasty is seen immediately.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty can:
- Build the bridge of the nose in case the patient has it depressed due to an accident, unsuccessful previous operation, or genetic characteristics.
- Make a deformed nose straight if the deformity isn’t severe.
- Hide a hump by filling the gap between it and the nasal tip for a smooth profile.
- Improve minor deformities after a surgical procedure.
If done with fillers, rhinoplasty works perfectly with mild issues, as it doesn’t actually remove a hump or any other deformity, but hides it by filling the gaps it creates. Lifting the tip is impossible, as the fillers don’t soften the cartilage to manipulate it. This approach also won’t solve breathing issues, which makes it a classic cosmetic procedure aimed at disguising certain issues without removing them completely.
Filler injection has to be repeated every couple of years for the effect to be permanent. There are fillers that keep their form permanently, but they are rarely used as they may lead to certain issues.
Secondary (Revision) Procedure
Secondary or revision surgery is done when some issues weren’t successfully removed during the previous operation. There are cases when new issues appear or some deformities persist and require additional treatment. Only best plastic surgeons in NYC can perform such a surgery, as it’s usually much more complicated than the prior procedure. Revision surgery can be done in the following cases:
- Nasal bones, cartilage, or valve collapse.
- Overdone nose procedure that makes it look artificial.
- Nasal airway issues.
- Imbalance between the two sides of the nose.
Secondary rhinoplasty can be done using both open and closed approach. It’s decided by the surgeon in accordance with the patient’s medical history and their wishes. The first is preferable if severe construction or function issues are found, and the second is usually used if there are certain aesthetic imbalances to fix.
For the procedure to be performed, your doctor may need a portion of your cartilage that can be takes from the ear, rib, or septum. A usual problem of most patients who need revisions is in a lack of cartilage, which may lead to dramatic nose bridge reducing and other troubles.
Searching for a Top New York Plastic Surgeon
Best rhinoplasty NYC can only be performed by top plastic surgeons NYC that specialize both on primary and secondary surgeries. Searching for a professional is vital for the final operation result. If it’s your first time seeking a specialist, the following tips may become handy.
- Make sure the surgeon has graduated from their medical school with the best results.
- Look at the certificates the specialist has as they show their proficiency.
- Remember that a good specialist has to be trained for at least 5 years to perform an operation.
- Look at the before and after rhinoplasty photos of the operations done by the surgeon.
- Read testimonials online and use special review forums and sites to confirm them.
- Ask what anesthesia the doctor uses and whether they do any analysis to find out whether you are allergic to a certain medicine.
- When it seems you have found a good doctor, schedule a consultation.
If you do all this, you will find one of the top plastic surgeons NYC without much effort and in short time.
To Sum Up
Best rhinoplasty NYC is performed in surgical and non-surgical ways. The first includes open and closed approaches that differ by the spots the incisions are made in. Revision procedure is also done surgically to treat the issues that appeared after the prior rhinoplasty. Filler injections are considered the only non-surgical option; they are cheaper yet have temporary effect. Every kind of procedures can be best performed by a professional plastic surgeon in NY.